Brandt Christian,
My baby boy has grown to be a man. You have gained inches in height, pounds in weight, and depth in your voice. It all happened so fast and like it or now, I am learning to release you to learn and grow on your own.
We bump heads almost daily. Our voices raise, our tempers flair, our blood pressures elevate. We are learning to dance this crazy cha cha of “I’m your mom, I still want you to be my little boy” and “I’m not a baby, let me go!” Oh, it is so completely chaotic and some days it is heart wrenching. I love you more than my own life and yet I can get so frustrated when you don’t want to do the things I ask you to do. We ask you to do push up’s when you are disrespectful and that seems to be backfiring, as you are getting bigger and stronger with every passing day.
I remember being fifteen. I remember shouting “I hate you” and “I just want to die” to my parents. In some ways, it seems like just yesterday. One moment, I would be so happy to be a part of my family, the next I was packing a bag and making an escape plan.
I get you in some ways. I don’t understand you in other ways. But what I can say with all certainty is that I love you with all of my heart and I want God’s best for you!
I pray Ephesians 2:12-16 over you now, “Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”
You have so much to offer this world! You are charismatic and you lead others around you. You are brilliant and have so many wonderful ideas to share. You have a tender heart and offer compassion to others. I am so proud of you!
I love you, I believe in you and I believe in God’s plans for your life.
Always and forever,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment