
This has been one intense week. So many things to do, so little time. And I still long to keep first things first. Even in the hustle and bustle. I woke up at 7 and went straight to my scrap book supplies. Over 200 photos arrived yesterday, the first part of my 2008 album is now under way. I am using the beautiful Jewel Power Palette System by Creative Memories and I love how simple and fast the pages are to assemble. Believe it or not, after 2008 I plan to switch to digital albums. I will lay the pages out digitally, order the 12 x 12 prints from CM and slip them onto an album page in a traditional album. I never thought I'd convert, but the time and money factors have convinced me. I spend so long choosing photos, downloading and I pay for the prints (4 photos to a page at 15-50 cents each, $.75-$2.50/page). Then, I need the paper, stickers and other embellishments, at an average of $1/page. The album page and protector, another $1.70. A cover set is $25-40, depending on which one I choose. A 30 page album would average $150+ and takes me about 10-20 hours. With digital prints, if I order 25+ at a time, I get them for $3.99 each. Add a cover set for $25. Total for 30 page album would be about $150 and I am guessing it will take less time. PLUS, I can write and write and write on digital pages. I love to tell the stories of our lives and the possibilities would be endless.
19 Family Albums (1998-2008)
7 Boys' Albums (3 for B, 2 for C, 2 for J)
1 Wedding Album
1 Haiti Alum
2 Childhood Albums (early years, high school)
5 Sentiments Albums (D's childhood, ABC album, Home Improvement, etc.)
3 PicFolio Milestones Albums (Boys' School highlights. Home School Album
1 PicFolio Minutes of C family grandchildren
-------
39 in my current library
PLUS...I have made that many and more as gifts. I am guessing that I have created between 100-110 albums in the past eight years. I think it's time to try something NEW!
Thank goodness I am a Creative Memories Consultant. I would not be able to afford this tradition otherwise. I get all my products at 30% off, but most of them I earn for FREE by holding my crops and filling reorders. I love telling the stories of our lives and seeing the joy on the boys' faces when they read their chapters. CM has been a blessing to me and I love to share it with others.
1 comment:
youre going digital - youre going digital - woohooo!!! it is so much faster and less time consuming!!!
i have not printed them up yet but i have done about 6 pages. i love the fact that i did them in the car driving to my mom's(4hours) and all i needed was my computer - nothing else!!!! i am still finishing a couple of albums the regular way - one of these days in my spare time - but everything else will be digital from here on out!!!!
Post a Comment