
Sometimes, we just have to get away! With all that has been going on in our lives the past few months, I have been wanting to take the boys and escape for awhile. We needed a change of scenery, an adventure, something fun and different. My aunt and uncle sent me a message, offering their condo in MD to us for a few days. I took the opportunity to plan a mini vacation with the boys. We had a pass for the Science Museum of Maryland, free gift cards for Chik Fil A and Olive Garden, and a return to a store which posted on my credit card and covered a tank of gas. The first two days of our getaway were FREE! I even found FREE PARKING in Baltimore! Someone had given me a little money and it covered our lunch in the museum. What a BLESSING!

Goofy, sweet boys, we were waiting for the planetarium show to begin...I don't think they were really scared! This was BC's favorite part of the day!

CJ, sitting in a "dinosaur nest." Isn't he a cute baby dino?

JI in "Newton's Alley," a really cool, interactive area with all kinds of gadgets and things to play with!

JI tries his strength against BC's...on the pulley...Wonder who will win this one?

These boys love to build and create. They had been away from home and their Lego table for just 36 hours. When they found this activity, they were thrilled. They built space rovers for nearly 45 minutes. I just sat and enjoyed watching their creativity flow. The day was about them and this is what THEY do...most other kids would run from one exhibit to the next, not taking time to breathe, let alone enjoy the things that were there. We stayed in the museum for 5 1/2 hours and still didn't see everything.

JI "played" the harp...Oh, I wish it was that easy to pick up an instrument!

CJ in a dino snout!

This has to be my FAVORITE photo of the day...BC is so animated, add in some air and that head of hair...Love this crazy kid so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment