Friday, April 23, 2010
Cuddly Critter Emotions
I learned something new about my sweet little J today. As we were snuggling this morning, he let me in on a little secret. (Shh! My boys are growing more and more self conscience about the things I post on my blog, so please do not mention this. It's just too precious not to share!) He was clinging to a stuffed hedgehog. "This means I am happy." Apparently, he takes a different stuffed animal to bed with him each night, depending on his mood. When he's sad, it's Steve, a worn out little teddy bear. Another teddy and a mammoth are the ones he chooses when he's somewhere in between. I will be more in tune to which animal he's hugging from now on. A cuddly critter can tell me so much. I love how my boys are able to express their emotions so freely and I pray that they will become more and more aware of the gifts of those emotions as they grow older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment