Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Prophet Of Our Times


Around ten this evening, I found out that our beloved preacher, prophet, pastor, mighty man of God, David Wilkerson, went home to his eternal reward. I was shocked, stunned, grieved and even a bit scared. There are so few men of God who have stood the test of time, maintained integrity and held uncompromising faith. His words of wisdom, based on the Word of God, have ministered life, conviction, hope and healing to me since I was a young child. As a teen and young adult, I read his monthly newsletter and was always amazed by how it hit home each time. In the past few years, I have received his daily blog posts and they have the same affect. Timely, true, faith building. He had a heart full of compassion and yet his words stirred holy conviction.

David and his wife Gwen were in a car accident. He was taken to Jesus while she lays in critical condition. My heart aches for their family and prays for comfort for the millions who loved this man.

David Wilkerson's blog is listed on this blog. I challenge you to read his words, he spoke of things that are coming and we all need to prepare our hearts and homes for the final days.

No comments: