On Saturday, July 11, we made a trip to Newport News, VA to visit my friend BB and her children. B has adopted 6 children from the foster care system and has one birth son. Each child was a delight to meet and we quickly figured out different personalities, etc. B has her hands full, as each one has special needs and many physical challenges. She spends an average of 20 hours/week in doctor's offices or hospitals. Say a prayer for her as you browse these photos. Recently she became a single mom, so her work load is intense.Here, my twins show off a jelly fish they found. This was the first of many. The children decided to dig a big hole and buried at least 20 of these yucky things. We found out later that 27 people went to the ER that day for stings. I had begged God for mercy and it seems that our group of 13 was spared.
Z and B, handsome little fellows. I told Z he looked like he could be B's younger brother.
The big boys, C, J, B, Z and B. Showing off another jelly. ICKY!
My four fellows...Digging together.
Again...
D got along so well with all the kids, he is a big kid himself, so it works out!
Mama of the century! Loving on her M.
B is B's only birth child. He is a sweet young man and he gave up his bedroom for us to stay over.
Z is the oldest of the six who are still at home (B also has a son in college). He got along so well with my guys and gave up his room so they'd have a place to sleep.
M is full of spunk and loves to play hard. She can hold her own with her brothers.
L is the only other girl in the B house. She cuddled up on my lap the last night we were there and almost fell asleep there. Precious.
Mr. R is full of personality. He is a delightful child, but he needs constant monitoring. Recently they had an ankle bracelet put on R so they can better track him when he sleep walks. The second night we were there, at 2:32 a.m, he found his way to our room. I will pray for protection for this little man every time I think of him!OK...I fell in love with Q. Isn't he so precious? I wanted to bring him home with me! He is such a sweet little man and my heart melted every time he flashed that smile.

1 comment:
It looks like so much fun! I'm a little jealous. ;)
Post a Comment