Saturday, December 31, 2011

Tender Hearts for Haiti












M lives in the DR, ministering to Haitian refugees. I met her in 1993 when we were both serving at the same mission in Haiti. She is Haitian but was raised in the USA and God gave her a passion to return to Haiti to minister to her people. For almost twenty years, she has served faithfully, selflessly and sacrificially. She goes without many basics and lives her life to serve Jesus with all of her heart. J drew this picture, illustrating what he wants to take to Haiti in a suitcase..."Me" is the sweetest gift he has to give.

This is a letter I sent to M a few moments ago...the tears are still flowing...



Mama M,

Wow! The boys and I are going through toys, games and stuffed animals, trying to de-clutter our home and asking God who we can bless with the abundance. In the middle of this, J came to me, sobbing. He had a special teddy bear he wanted me to take to Haiti when I go (I don't know when/if this will happen). We prayed for Haiti. Then C came to me and said, "Mama, when I grow up I want to go to Haiti and build houses for people." He began to weep as well. We prayed and then he said, "Mama, do you know if your Haitian Mama is OK?" He was referring to you, as I have told my boys about you many times. Together, we wept and prayed for YOU! I know you are in the heat of battle EVERY SINGLE DAY. Please know that you are NOT forgotten and that this day, a sweet ten year old little boy thought of YOU and stormed the gates of heaven on your behalf. Please tell us how we can pray for you...and what do you NEED???? Tell us, we want to BLESS YOU!!!!

I love you. So very much, "Eta"

No comments: