Sunday, May 18, 2014

Michael’s Dream Come True

Michael

This young man is precious to me.

I met him three years ago when he was assigned to my work team at Renew Camp.

Then, an energetic boy who would do anything for a laugh (lick a slug, lick whipped cream off of the filthy floor, etc.) or a camera opp.

Since that time, Michael has faced many health challenges and has grown into a young man.

He is sensitive, tender hearted, affectionate and passionate about the things he loves.

Today Michael participated with the VMI cadets in the 150th Anniversary of the New Market Battlefield reenactment. He hopes to attend VMI when he graduates from high school. He wore his period authentic uniform (including brand new boots) and marched through The Field of Lost Shoes (knee deep in water). As his group marched up the hill, his mom declared, “That boy just lived his dream.”

Father, I thank You for this amazing young man. He is an inspiration to me, as he has allowed the trials of life to make him better,not bitter. I ask You to heal his body and give him the physical strength to do the things You created him to do. I ask You to give him the deepest desires of his heart, as he trusts in You.

No comments: