Thursday, February 19, 2009

Change of Heart

The past few days I have witnessed a change in my B's heart. He is trying hard to be more respectful and helping out when he can. He has walked up to me and given me hugs, "for no reason," at a moment when I really needed to know that someone cared. He's being Jesus to me. We had a talk last week and it really seems that since that time he is being more mindful to reach out in love, rather than lash out in judgement. As we plow toward the preteen/teen years, I continue to stand on the truth. Every child does not HAVE to rebel and lose his way in this process. When my boys stumble, I want to be there to help them up and to be a shoulder to lean on. But I don't buy into the lie that every child must "go to hell and back" between the ages of 14 and 24! I know it is possible to stand against the temptations of the world and pray that our sons will make godly choices in the years to come. Of course, the foundation they receive here at home can make or break them, there is much work to be done in fortifying that platform.

No comments: