Tuesday, February 17, 2009
My Favorite Part of the Day
It's almost here. I need to jump into the shower so I can smell a bit nicer, but my favorite part of the day is just moments away. We've completed our lessons, I've done a three mile workout, the chores are somewhat caught up, lunch is over, break is winding down. Quiet time is near. From 1-3ish each day, we shut down. Each of the boys can choose to grab a book or a nap. It's up to them. C is the one who usually falls asleep, the boy loves to rest. I will lay on the couch and see what happens next. I don't like to nap, it makes me feel too sluggish when I wake up. I will read or find something to watch or I will just sit and breathe. I love to know that all of my boys are close by, content and calm. We all need "down time," a break from activity, hustle and bustle. I have so much to learn about being still, but I am growing in this. I can leave chores undone, laundry in a pile, messages unanswered for two blessed hours. It's quiet time, so I will be still.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry I interrupted your precious "quiet" time with my ditziness today. ;)
Hope you started feeling better!
Post a Comment