Dear Ones,
I barely know how to put my thoughts together at this point. I want to send out a prayer request for our family. Most of you know that we have connections in Haiti and that the country has been dear to our hearts for many years, almost twenty years for me and about fifteen for D. Since we started our family twelve years ago, trips in and out of a third world country were halted. What did not halt was our deep, deep love of the people of Haiti. Inside my heart, the desire to adopt a child...or two...has been simmering. About four years ago I did some research, but then felt that the timing was not right for us. In recent months, my heart has been aching for the rest of my family...and our boys have been asking, "When are we going to adopt?"
One week ago...everything that seemed important, all the things that mattered so much, all my own trials and tribulations took a back seat as we watched our precious Haiti be hit so hard. Life in Haiti a week ago was HARD. After the earthquake it is impossible to comprehend...And while I have been posting urgent needs and prayer requests for hundreds of others...I can not quiet the shaking that is going on inside of my own heart. Darrel is finally on board and his tears are mingled with my own. We have a child...or children...out there, in the chaos and confusion, rubble and death permeated land of Haiti.
News reports are showing groups of orphans without food, water, shelter and medical attention. So many survived the earthquake but may not survive the aftermath if they are not rescued. Please join us in praying for families who are waiting with open hearts and homes. I read one comment today, "My house suddenly seems so big." Isn't that the truth? Before, I had a plan of adding on, getting an extra bedroom....Now, my house looks like a mansion to me! Perspective.
Pray for those who are in positions of power in our government and in Haiti...There is a leader in Haiti who may try to keep them in the country, but we are praying for that tide to turn. Many children will die of starvation or die from simple, untreated wounds if they are left behind. Please join us in praying for the thousands of children who need to be rescued.
We shall overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony!
H for the B5...Hopefully soon to be B6 or B7
No comments:
Post a Comment