Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Angels Watching Over Those I Love

This photo will always be precious to me. Today we found out that my brother's family had a house fire in their home, around midnight. The smoke detector didn't go off and the dogs didn't wake up. Little Z, only five years old, woke up, knew something was wrong and woke him mommy. They were all able to get out of the house and most of the pets came out with them. One cat hid in fear, but was OK when they found her. The fire department arrived, discovered the source of the fire and put it out. The dryer had caught on fire, it was not running. They are investigating several options. The brand of dryer has had other confirmed cases of fire and they also had a repair man work on the machine not so long ago. Damage to the home is minimal, smoke and water damage, plus the loss of both the washer and dryer.

The important thing is that our family is ALIVE. I thank the Lord for His mercy and protection over them. The fireman stated that fifteen more minutes and they would have all died. I don't think the seriousness of this has fully hit me, but I am so grateful to God for sparing the lives of J, T and their three precious children, two cats and two dogs. The kids came over to play with my boys for about six hours. It was precious to hear the dialogue in the car as I drove to get them.

C to me..."Mom, I wish I had $6,000. If I did, I would give it to them to get a new house."

J to all..."I don't want my cousins to ever have to suffer."

Once J's kids joined us, there were lots of smiles and hugs. My boys stated "We are so glad that nothing happened to you. We love you." And they responded back, "We love you guys too."

In the past 18 months we have been able to see J's kids at church more, as my grandparents pick them up and bring them. It was so natural to remind them "Jesus and His angels were watching over you and kept you safe." "We know."

Thank You, Jesus, for waking my family and getting them out of that house. You are a good God and You take care of Your own. Thank You that we can celebrate LIFE and that you have once again spared our family deep loss. We don't deserve Your mercy, but we thank You for it. Help us to live each day in gratitude to You for Your goodness to us!

1 comment:

Mom said...

More tears...I will never comprehend God's grace and mercy..time and time again He protects,spares,prserves.I am forever grateful.He is NOT finished with our family!