Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Last Day of "First Things First" Home School

It cannot believe we have completed our first year of home school! When we began our new routine in September I never dreamed how fast a school year could pass. We were going to work through next week, but I decided enough is enough! Every year that my boys attended private school they would come home with a packet of papers and worksheets that never were completed. We only had seven lessons left, so I had them finish up all the graded assignments and we are done. Each boy also took a math placement test for next year. The twins are going to skip a grade of math, as this year's curriculum was so advanced, they are now ready for Math 4 with "Teaching Textbooks." B will be back on track for Math 6. We spent the year focusing on multiplication with him, using Math U See. It's amazing the growth he has had in this area.

I recorded all the grades for the year and each boy maintained an A/B average for the entire year. Way to go! I am planning a year end celebration for them. They will receive an official report card, character trait award and take one last trip to the "school store." The twins will attend two more field trips with their old classmates at CCS and B will attend one more, if he is healthy and strong enough to make it.

I am very proud of the progress we have made and so excited about the new curriculum we will be using for 2009-10. "My Father's World" will allow me to teach more and will keep all three boys together for history, science, geography, Bible, reading and art. I will teach the twins language (probably stick with A Beka for this) while B does math (Teaching Textbooks), then we will switch and the twins will do math while I teach B language.

Our summer plans include a wedding, four graduations (two out of town ones, B and I will travel to FL for one), First Tee golf lessons, starting my new business and going on at least three weekend camp outs with friends. Our Fresh Air child should be returning and I am working on a weekly swim date for the boys at a friend's private pool. We will do plenty of hanging out at home, reading and just being together too!

1 comment:

mom said...

Good for you! I am SO proud of you and most of all so glad you have ENJOYED this year with your children.The years do pass so rapidly may there be no regrets,you are exactly where God wants you!Love forever and always.