Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm A Premier Designs Jeweler

That's such a fancy name. I cannot believe I have taken such a huge step. One moment I am excited about all the great opportunities that are ahead, relationships that will be built, lives that will be changed. The next moment, I am shaking in my boots because we just invested $1,200 and I'm not sure how soon I will see any profit returned to our family. I was intrigued by PDJ when I read their mission statement on the back of the catalog, December 2008. I knew that there were many things going on in my life at the time and I would not be able to sign on until this spring. In the meantime, my cousin started her business with PDJ and I attended her debut to support and encourage her. I have since attended several informational/training events. The more I learn about the company, the more amazed I am.

Founded in 1985 by Andy and Joan Horner, this company was designed to honor God and to bless everyone who come its way. The Horners are passionate about bringing moms home to their children and still giving us a way to earn income. They are also intent on helping widows and divorced women to find a way to get back on their feet. The business has given many part time ministers a supplemental income so they can follow the call of God on their lives without falling into debt. Finally, PDJ is very generous in their support of missions in our nation and abroad.

The mission statement sold me on the company. Then, I read the hostess plan and the benefits for the jewelers and those were icing on the cake. I have been with Creative Memories for over nine years. It has served me well, provided me with free products so I can enjoy the tradition of scrap booking. I have met some dear ladies and strengthened old friendships. However, the hostess plan for CM and so many other companies pales in comparison to PDJ. When a lady books a show with PDJ, she knows she will probably get hundreds of dollars of FREE products. I am excited to offer this to everyone I know and love. In the meantime, I will also earn a generous percentage to take care of needs in our own home.

As women we often take care of everyone else and forget about our own needs. There are times we need to treat ourselves to a new outfit, a new purse, a pedicure or a new piece of jewelry. And we don't need to feel guilty about it. God made us different from men for a reason. He sees us as beautiful, precious gems. I pray that in this new journey that I will begin to see myself more through His eyes. As I help other women to relax, laugh, share and enjoy life, I pray that I will begin to see more of my purpose and the beauty within. As my own child said today, "Being pretty Mom. That's one of your gifts." Oh, to believe it!

No comments: