Mother's Day 2009. I was up by 6 and had time to get a three mile workout in. I scurried around, writing out cards to a few special and put together a gift for an amazing foster mom that has recently started attending church. We got the boys up, showered, dressed, fed. Gathered a change of clothes for later and loaded the vehicle.We left for church...and forgot B. Really! We were sitting at the intersection across from the house and D's cell phone rang. He and the twins were in the middle of singing "Happy Mother's Day To You." He looked at his phone and said "Who could be calling from our house?" Since B sits behind me and I must face forward at all times to avoid getting carsick, I had no idea. "Uh, Dad...I think you left me. I went upstairs to get something and when I came down, you were all gone!" OH MY!!! I felt horrible, but I was amazed that C and J or D didn't notice before B called! I guess I will learn to turn around and check B's seat from now on.
The guys dropped me off at church so I could practice music with the worship team. About thirty minutes later, the boys walked up to me, each carrying a cream and peach colored rose. They also gave me a card with recorded messages from each one, in their own sweet voices. Precious.
After church we went to my dad's for a very imformal cookout with my grands and my aunt, uncle and cousin. Both of my brothers stopped by for a bit. Now we are all home, getting ready for Sunday night on ABC--America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover, Home Edition.



1 comment:
Your father left your brothers in Lowes once.He got in the van to leave{i was waiting in the van} and I asked him where the boys were.{this was pre cell phone era so they could not call}Many large families have similar stories of leaving children at church,rest stops ,etc,so don't feel bad!
Post a Comment