This morning, Abbey, Claire and Joseph came for brunch. Darrel cooked up bacon, eggs and pancakes for all of us. The boys have been anxious to spend some time with Joe and were thrilled to play Minecraft and Airsoft with him. Abbey and I had a nice visit while Claire entertained herself with a book and Abbey’s phone.
Abbey continues to walk through each day with a measure of grace and peace that seems impossible. She clings to God and yearns for heaven, where her sweet Sam now resides. It has been just over two months since he passed away and this week she began working in the bakery again. Claire and Joe will wait until mid January (second semester) to return to school.
I am thankful for the faith that my sweet friend continues to exude. She is a powerful example of true faith in action. I pray that her heart will be cared for, protected and led to a place of deep healing. I pray for healing for the entire family, that God will reveal His deep love for each one. I pray that our family will have more opportunities to spend with the Whetzels and that we will be a safe place for them to express their deepest longings.
No comments:
Post a Comment