Saturday, January 4, 2014

I am Thankful for Our Home

November A 035 In 2012 and 2013 we completed a $30,000 addition to our home. We paid for it as we went along and did not take out any loans or incur any debt. That is amazing. When I find myself feeling a bit frazzled, I walk into our family room, sit down on the couch and make myself BREATHE IN…as I look at what we accomplished! This project was one we talked about and dreamed about for nearly seven years. It took us only two years to save up the money to add on. That in not because we did anything amazing, it’s because God provided and we felt peace about moving on.

I always desired that our home be a shelter, a place where people could stop by in the storms of life. I want others to find peace, safety, acceptance, honor, love and support here. I want others to feel welcome. Each time we open our door, and share our couches and our coffee with someone, I feel that this is what we were made to do.

No comments: