This evening I attended my first team meeting for my upcoming trip to Guatemala.
Hope for Guatemala is our team name, we will be visiting Hope for Life International, which also partners with World Help International.
I expect that I will cry more that week than I have ever cried.
We are being sent to love on babies and children in an orphanage, to hear stories of rescues of these and others from near death and possibly to visit the dump where many live or to participate in a rescue of our own.
The term “wrecked” is a new Christian fad, over used word.
”That song wrecked me.”
”That movie wrecked me.”
”God did _______________and it wrecked me.”
Most folks use this word the way I would use “I cried.”
To be wrecked is to collide with something, to be messed up or damaged in a way that your life is forever changed.
When we are wrecked, we cannot go back to status quo, we must respond.
I expect this trip to wreck me.
I expect this trip to change me.
I expect this trip to put other things in my life into perspective.
One reason I am taking this trip is to explore it as one that our family can take together in 2015 or 2016.
”Here am I. Lord, send me.”
No comments:
Post a Comment