Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I am Thankful for the Andrews

December G 002 December G 003 December G 004 I met Sabrina many years ago, when I was in a small group with her grandmother. In 2013, God crossed our paths and I am so glad that He brought her into my life. It’s hard to believe that we’ve only been friends for a few short months, I feel like I have known her forever.

Sabrina and Bud began a non profit ministry in 2013, New Creation. They are raising awareness about human trafficking and raising funds to support ministries that are fighting trafficking. They repurpose and refurbish fashion and home décor items, sell products for other freedom fighting organizations, and speak at churches and other group settings. Their long term goal is to buy a piece of property to use as a boutique (currently their home is being used) and coffee shop that will generate revenue to fund a recovery home for trafficking survivors.

I am so grateful to Bud and Sabrina for the ways they allow me to partner with them and add my passion for freedom to their own. I can not commit to being on the board of New Creation at this time, but I do what I can to share their vision with others and together, we are getting things done. New Creation collected bras for “Free the Girls” In the spring, held a successful boutique in the fall, partnered with SVJI-JMU to host a Passion concert in the fall, and collected supplies and personal hygiene items for women in two recovery homes. I love how practical and non threatening these drives have been, it helps people to get involved and learn more about an issue that most do not want to talk about.

Beyond New Creation Bud and Sabrina have hearts to see needs met in our own community. They partnered with us and helped to make paracord bracelets for Sam’s fundraisers, attended his 5K and cheered me on as I held the online auction. Sabrina and I are studying Proverbs together and learning more about godly wisdom. She is someone I can be real and raw with and I am grateful to her for her transparency.

We brought in the New Year with Bud, Sabrina and sweet Addison. I do not know what 2014 holds, but I do so hope that we will have many opportunities to love and learn together!

No comments: