Today is Darrel’s 41st birthday.
Last year, we celebrated with nearly a hundred family members and friends.
This year, we had a quiet day at home and let him choose a new Airsoft gun for his gift.
We had our friend Jose over for dinner, as his birthday is the day before.
Grilled chicken,grilled sausage, potato casserole, broccoli and green beans filled our bellies.
Banana splits were a hit for birthday dessert.
I pray that the coming year will be one of growth and love for Darrel.
I pray that he will come to know and accept the depths of God’s love for him.
I pray that he will learn to rest and know that our love (and God’s love) is not dependent upon his works or talents.
I pray that he will find true peace.
Thursday, March 20, 2014
I am Thankful for Darrel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment