Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Am Thankful that God Chooses to Use Broken Vessels

Some days we wonder if we are making a difference in the world.

OK, most days we wonder if our lives matter.

At least, I do.

Today, God knew that I needed a bit of encouragement.

I began my day feeling less than, not enough, exhausted and worn out.

When I arrived at my weekly shift at the pregnancy center, I was told that a client had called and requested a meeting with me.

Mind you, I have been at HPC for nearly three years.

I have been a client advocate for about a year and a half.

I have sat down with over 50 ladies and listened to them pour out their hearts and stories.

This is the first time I have ever been asked to a counseling/advocacy only appointment.

And to think, I almost called in today, as the depression and feelings of inadequacy made me want to hide, hide, hide.

Oh, God, I will not stop living.

I will not give up.

Today, one person needed me.

Today, one person said I didn’t rush her, I didn’t over step my boundaries and she felt bonded to me.

Thank You, Father, for reminding me of truth.

I am here to live, to love and to extend Your love to others.

I will keep fighting!

No comments: