Friday, March 7, 2014

I am Thankful for Jordan’s Courage

Today, I picked up Carson and Jordan form our home school co-op.

Jordan was giddy, ecstatic and bursting with excitement.

”I have a speaking part, a dance part, a ball dribbling part AND I’m singing.”

This is musical year at Creative Kids Co-Op.

Two years ago, this same opportunity was literally making him sick.

Jordan was experiencing all kinds of anxiety and his stomach was upset almost daily.

We took him to doctors, tried many different meds and still, he was sick more days than not.

At that time, he was on a baseball team and preparing for the musical.

The pressure of being in front of people and being watched was too much for our sweet Bug.

The day of the musical, he went back and forth on whether or not he was going to participate.

We told him he did not have to get on the stage.

In the end, he chose to perform and we chalked it up as a huge victory.

This year, he’s performing AND he wanted to try out for a speaking part.

To top that off, he came up with the idea to add a dance part to the play and had the courage to present the idea to his teacher.

She agreed, and he was so excited to tell me when I picked him up today.

I am so proud of the boys for doing things that are not comfortable and for going the extra mile!

No comments: