Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I am Thankful for Harrisonburg Pregnancy Center

Today is Wednesday, thus today is HPC day.

I fell behind in my follow up during the winter months, so I spent many hours in the month of March making calls and sending notes to ladies I met in October, November and December.

I am seeing the fruit of those labors paying off, as some have called back and others are enrolling in our new EXCEL program.

Today, I met with a new client and my heart ached for her as she shared her struggle.

She wants to carry and parent her child, but she fears the response of her parents.

We talked about each of her options and I challenged her to talk to her parents, sooner than later.

She noted on her evaluation form that talking to me had helped her.

Nancy came to me after check out and she encouraged me to follow up with clients who just need a listening ear.

We were able to arrange for the client to return next Tuesday, during my shift.

She will have an ultrasound and then I will have a follow up/advocacy appointment with her.

This is the second such appointment in less than a month and I am thrilled.

It has been difficult for me to meet a client, hear her pour out her heart and soul and then say good bye, knowing I’ll never see her again.

I have a strong desire to see our follow up at HPC strengthened.

Not every client desires follow up, but there are those who do.

I pray that God will grant us wisdom and resources to serve each woman in the ways that she most needs.

No comments: