Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Prayers for the Mills Family

Dear Father, 

I come to you, asking You to bring peace that passes all understanding to guard the hearts and minds of each member of the Mills family. Surround them, soothe them, overwhelm them with your presence. I ask You to calm every fear and anxiety that they feel right now. Silence the lies of the enemy and speak truth to their hearts and minds.

I ask You to give Adrian the strength he needs to lead his family through this season of life. He may not know what the future holds, but You hold him and his precious family. Help him to trust You with the deepest longings of his heart, when he cries out for wisdom, you will meet him and give him exactly what he needs. Take him deeper as he trusts You to provide for every need--financial, physical, emotional, and relational. Let him see Your goodness like never before as he declares, "I was young, now I am older. But I have NEVER seen the righteous forsaken nor their children begging for bread." Father, if I know this man like I think I do, I know that his heart is good and kind and he is one of the few righteous I have met. This promise is for him, you will not forsake him or his children.

I lift up Lauren to You, asking You to comfort her mother's heart. I know she aches to hold Mercy in her arms, to comfort her and to bring healing to her. I know that she yearns to protect her child from sickness and danger. I ask You to hold Lauren close to Your heart and to remind her of Your presence in her home and Your presence in the Congo. You are with her and the three children she has carried and delivered and you are with her child who was birthed in her heart. How awesome You are, able to be omnipresent, God with us. You are near to the broken hearted and you save those who are crushed in spirit. You are near to those who call upon Your name. You are Emmanuel, and You are with her.

I pray for each of Mercy's siblings, as they wait for her home coming and anticipate her arrival. Help them to be able to express their concerns and ask the questions that burn in their hearts. Grant Adrian and Lauren wisdom to guide them and teach them how to explore and validate their emotions. I pray for their hearts to be open to embrace Mercy and that they will know how pleased You are by the love they show to her. Let them be aware of Your presence in their lives, may they talk to You and walk with You all the days of their lives.

Father, I thank You for the opportunity to see sweet Mercy's face in the photo this morning. I now have a face to put with my prayers, and what a beautiful face she has. I ask You to be her everything--her mother, her father, her protector, her physician, her guardian, her defender. I ask You to show her Yourself, that she will see You with her eyes and feel You with her spirit. I ask that You release angels to encamp about her and keep her safe. Let her see those warriors, before her, behind her, to her left and to her right. Send people who will represent You to be Your hands and feet, to hold her, to feed her, to minister to any physical needs she has. I ask You to open her eyes to see that You are with her, to bring peace like a river to flood her soul. Let her know that she is loved, wanted and that she belongs. Hold her close to Your chest.

Keep us mindful of this family, bring them to our hearts when they need more prayers...May they soar as eagles as they wait on you...
I sing this song over them today, take them deeper...where their trust is without borders....In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m_sWJQm2fs


"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand
And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now
So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine


Dear Jesus, Please be with the Mills family as their hearts are being affected by fear, anxiety, and the ups and downs of this process. Please help them to be patient and have peace that you will protect Mercy. Help them to have faith while there is nothing physically that they can do.
Be with Mercy and protect her. Keep her safe until she can be placed with this family who is patiently waiting to haven, hold and care for her. (From Darrel)


Dear Jesus, I pray for Mercy's protection. I pray that you would keep her from disease and physical harm. I for her and this family who is trying desperately to protect her and give her a better home...(from Brandt)

Dear Jesus, Please be with Mercy. I may not know her but You do. Please help her to be strong and brave. Help her to fight through all sickness and pain she may be feeling right now. (from Carson)

Dear Jesus, I hope that Mercy won't get sick and that she will be able to be adopted soon. I pray that she will be healthy. I pray that she will not be scared. (from Jordan)

WE LOVE YOU, MILLS FAMILY!!!
Love,
Baker5

No comments: