CS, me, AC. I've known CS for about ten years and AC for about 15. They are now attending the same church and becoming friends.
Pastor D, AC and Pastor M. What a blessed night!I just thought that was a cute title. Really, God is everywhere, all the time, taking care of everyone! Today was a blessed day. Our church had a special service with the New Life for Youth team. They come once a year to share music and testimonies. New Life is similar to Teen Challenge, a rehab center that disciples men in their walk with Christ and away from addictions. We enjoy the time with them each year. They enjoy the home cooked carry in meal that follows the service. We had about twice as many people in the service as what we normally do, so it was enjoyable to lead worship for a more lively group.
This evening, I joined friends at Potter's House for a baptism service. I love going to PH any chance I get. I feel very comfortable, safe and at home there. Many dear friends attend this growing church and I am blessed by the spirit I feel each time I go. For many years, I have longed for churches in our valley (around the world!) to find our common ground in Jesus, to lay aside our denominational and religious barriers and UNITE as ONE in Him. I believe that if I am willing to walk through the doors of another church, I am saying "You are a part of me. I know God is doing something good in your midst and I wanted to check it out. I am not here to critique you. My church is not competing for "business." We are on the same team!" There's more than one way to "do church." As long as the church teaches the fundamentals of the faith and is based on the Word of God, I can worship. Hymns or praise songs. A Capella or ten piece band. It doesn't matter to me. I love Him and I love His people.
Tonight was extra special because my friend AC was baptized. I've known A for about 15 years and she has had a place in my heart since we met. She's been through a lot of painful things, but has recently found her way to Jesus an is growing in her faith. I love to see the passion and boldness of a new believer. It was precious to be there and witness the joy that lit her face. I am amazed by the ways that God is always drawing and calling us closer to His heart.
1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog. I wasn't sure if you are into blog awards--if not, that's fine; no pressure from me. :) But I did want you to know that I appreciate you and your heart for God and your family; and I'm glad we've reconnected through blogging!
Post a Comment