
As soon as we arrived at my
grandad's farm, we heard the news. A baby had been born, just two hours earlier. I have never been near one so young before. It was precious to see her. She way laying in the grass...

As we approached, the mother nudged her to get up...

And she did it! Not only that, she followed her mom across the field and ended up trotting. It was amazing to witness. How in the world is that even possible? I asked the kids "Why didn't you walk when you were two hours old?" And they just looked at me and said "MOM!"

Big boy B. Oh my. I gave this child allergy
meds before we left for
Grandad's...and he was still hit hard. I haven't seen his eyes that swollen before. Poor kid. It was fun while it lasted?

C took his turn. Yes, this mare is very pregnant. And she is 23 years old. I'm not so sure we should have been riding her. And I'm really not sure she should be having another colt at her age. Oh my! Her name is "Survivor." Go figure.

J looks very proud of himself. This was the first time that D gave the boys the reins and let them ride "alone." He was close by. I tried not to show my nerves!

Our friends from northern Virgina met us at
Grandad's. K used to have horses and wishes she still lived in a place where she could have one.

K's beautiful daughter, R. She is two months younger than B. A very sweet little lady.

This handsome fellow is K's twelve-year-old son, R. He is already 5 foot 4 inches...A special young man!


K requested a stop at Jess' Lunch for the famous hot dogs. This was a treat for us all.

D and R finished off the day with a two hour jam session. K and I sat on the famous green couch and caught up on about ten years of history...It was a blessing to have them here with us. I've known K since I was twelve, so now that she has a twelve year old of her own, it's all so surreal. I "found" K again through
Facebook and I'm so thankful for the way that connection has brought us back together. What blows my mind is that our children had never met before yesterday. Yet, they got along so well. Her kids are a lot like mine, they know no stranger and they were friendly and mannerly. We had planned some outdoor activities for today, but the weather turned strangely cold, we even saw snowflakes. Since B wasn't feeling well, we decided to just hang out at the house. Everyone just went with the flow.
1 comment:
Do the boys know their Granni was a horse lover in her earlier years?
Post a Comment