Monday, April 6, 2009

A Peaceful Weekend/New Business Opportunity

I was blessed to be able to spend most of the weekend at home with the boys. We decided we needed some down time to prepare us for the upcoming weeks. D had to work the home show, so he was very busy and tired. The rest of us chilled.

Friday night we had a take and bake pizza for dinner (a buy one, get one free special, dinner for four for $4.50) and watched "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler. I was leery, as he usually manages to be quite crude in any movie. There were a few things I wish they had left out (if my children called someone "Buttkiss" they would be punished for it...) but for the most part, it was a very cute flick. And as B dubbed it, in the comedy genre.

Saturday morning I did kick it into gear and cleaned for several hours, upstairs and down. By the afternoon, I crashed on the couch with a recent Karen Kingsbury novel, "This Side of Heaven." More on that in a later post. The boys were content to play upstairs, so I read the entire book by bedtime. I did send them out to enjoy the beautiful weather for about an hour, but they really just wanted to chill.

Sunday I woke up, ready to roll. I got ready and left the house by 7 a.m. I know, that is early for a Sunday morning but I needed to make two stops on the way to church, so that's what I did. Worship was powerful and the house was almost full again. It's such a blessing to see so many faces when I look out. My soon-to-be sister-in-law visited with my sweet little J Belle. Her father and step mom also came, along with a bunch of young people who were in the area. I hope they will be back. D and I led the children's church as well. I am feeling very disconnected when I do that. I lead worship, then go to the back and don't really know what happens in the service beyond that point. We are pondering some options. I think that we may see if B can be D's helper and I will remain in the adult service. The kids love when D teaches, he is very good with kids and it gives him a place to use some of his gifts and endless supply of energy.

At two, my cousin KL arrived at my house to set up for a Premiere Designs Jewelry show. Six other ladies joined us and it was a very successful and laid back show. I am about 80% sure I will be signing up with PD in June. It costs about $1,000 to get started but I feel confident that after about three or four shows, I'd have my start up kit covered and then move into making a supplemental income to help out here. I plan to remain with Creative Memories as well. It only takes about one night/month of my time and another 2-3 hours/month of ordering, delivering, contacting customers. I still get my products for free, so it is worth it to stay active. Premiere is an amazing, Christian company and their consultant and hostess benefits are unmatched. My show is only at $224 right now and I already get $143 in FREE jewelry PLUS four half priced items. How is that even possible? It won't be hard to get ladies to agree to host a show. Most of us love jewelry! A note to anyone reading this, let me know if you'd be willing to host a show for me in June or early July. I need 6-9 shows in my first 45 days to kick things off. After that, I would drop back to 2-3/month.

No comments: