These great books were only 35 cents each.
These lunch bags...brand new, tags on...$1.95 each!Ahh. I am exhausted. But, I am happy. Because I crammed so much into my day, I should be able to kick back a bit over the weekend and not have too many things to worry about. My fridge, freezer and pantry are full. Not the most healthy choices, but full all the same. I found a few bargains, but my main goal was to stock groceries. Now, I don't have to go to Walmart over the weekend, my least favorite time to shop there. Thank goodness for our local "Sharp Shopper," a grocery outlet that allowed me to fill up a cart for under $100. Of course, we'll still need a few staples from Coscto, but D has agreed to make that run.
My bargain of the day...was found at Goodwill, two doors down from Sharp Shopper. Not too long ago, I found out that Target sends their clearance items to Goodwill if they don't sell. (Mind you, I get plenty of Target mark downs at 90% off, these are the items that I miss or no one else wants.) Today I found three brand new "Speed Racer" lunch bags by Thermos for $1.95 each. Yea. I don't know if B will want one, but I grabbed all three in case. The twins will be going on a FT next week with their old classmates, so the timing is perfect. I've even started letting them pay me for some of the bargains I find them, so they can begin to appreciate things more and also so they can see how mama stretches their money.
I could have put some things off until tomorrow or the next day. I'm so glad I didn't. Now, those things are behind me and I can just "be" for the next few days. Ahh...
My bargain of the day...was found at Goodwill, two doors down from Sharp Shopper. Not too long ago, I found out that Target sends their clearance items to Goodwill if they don't sell. (Mind you, I get plenty of Target mark downs at 90% off, these are the items that I miss or no one else wants.) Today I found three brand new "Speed Racer" lunch bags by Thermos for $1.95 each. Yea. I don't know if B will want one, but I grabbed all three in case. The twins will be going on a FT next week with their old classmates, so the timing is perfect. I've even started letting them pay me for some of the bargains I find them, so they can begin to appreciate things more and also so they can see how mama stretches their money.
I could have put some things off until tomorrow or the next day. I'm so glad I didn't. Now, those things are behind me and I can just "be" for the next few days. Ahh...
1 comment:
I LOVE going to that Goodwill just for that purpose--the Target goodies! The Waynesboro Goodwill has even more Target goodies that the HBurg one!
Post a Comment