This morning we began the service with a few songs, and Pastor T invited people to come forward and lay down the regrets of the past year and seek God's face for the new year. It amazes me to see how the Lord shows up and meets people. There was one young lady, a visitor, who was weeping before we got to the chorus of the first song. I love the presence of Jesus, so sweet, so peaceful. Not a lot of loud, crazy or uncomfortable manifestations, though I know He moves in many ways. Today was just calm and I could feel Him with us.
As Dad led the worship, I also felt a bit of the "old fire" in him. Oh how I long for him to see himself as the Father does, to know that his life is not over, the best is yet to come. It has been a blessing to be in church with my Dad the past year. I grew up watching him lead worship and learned so much from his talent, but more from his heart. Now my children get to see both of us lead worship, a legacy I pray that they will one day continue.
This is a new year, unlike any other. We are here for a reason. Let's push forward and believe Him when He says we belong to Him and that we are precious in His sight!
2 comments:
I am so glad you found me in the world of blogging!!! :) I'm sorry it took me this long to get back to you, but I'm thrilled to reconnect in this way. I am looking forward to reading back through your archives as well as reading new entries as you post them.
I'm so glad your year got off to a good start with a meaningful worship service this morning.
you are an amazing woman - thank you for your spiritual insights! I get so refreshed every time I visit your blog and it just makes me smile to hink of all the good things that God has done for oyu since I have known you!
Post a Comment