Thursday, January 8, 2009

Made Mama's Heart Proud

Today I had to run some errands with the boys in tow. Not our favorite arrangement, but some times they just have to realize that is part of being in a family. If you want cereal for breakfast, you might have to tag along with mom to Costco to get it. It's called life. Anyway, the boys are always so excited about...you know it...SAMPLES!! Some days every one is a hit. Other days, I am holding rejected bites of food in the paper thin napkin, trying to find a proper place to dispose of it. Today was pretty lame, only three samples and one involved mayo, so I knew my C would not go near. We sighted a shrimp scampi cart and I watched as B went up to it, selected two and walked back to the cart to give them to his brothers. Then, he calmly walked back and saw that a lady had approached at the same moment, so he motioned with his hand and nodded his head (this is one of his signature antics that reminds me so much of his daddy) and offered her the next one. She was so impressed, and said so to the sample lady. They both went on about how they rarely ever see a young man act that way and how nice it was to witness that kind of behavior. I was so proud of my little man. All that I really want out of life is to raise these boys to be kind, gentle, compassionate and generous lights for Jesus. My life's goal and passion, to show them how to act, think and talk like the Man. We will have our ups and downs, but when it's all said and done, that is the life worth living.

2 comments:

Davene said...

Good for him! And good for you, Mama! :)

mama j said...

One of my biggest "soap box" topics re: to children (that I work for/with) is....R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

LOVE it when that shines through in any child....yay B!!

And I seriously had to COL (chuckle out loud) at the mayo comment......so funny!

(And all I can see in my head is a mini-D. motioning to the lady--I know EXACTLY what you're talking about....) LOL! ;o)

Hope your boys are behaving. Mine are.....surprisingly enough!