Saturday, January 31, 2009
Double Trouble on the Court
What a thrill it was to watch C and J storm the basketball court today. This is their first year playing on a team and they are among the oldest players, as the team is for K-2. I was nervous that they would be "out of it" in regard to rules, boundaries, plays, etc. I should not have worried so. Of course, they all need to learn a bit about traveling rules, but thank goodness they don't call that at this level. These little ones get so excited when the catch the ball, they just take off and halfway down the court, it hits them..."I think I need to dribble!" C made four baskets today and J made two. Several other teammates scored and I think we ended up with a 22-8 win. AND, we had six players to the other team's ten. Way to go! I was so proud of them and realized that, compared to soccer, basketball is so much more interesting and intense to watch. I like that more children score in basketball, in soccer it takes forever to get a goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment