I didn't rest today and I'm afraid I'm gonna pay for it. WHY did I push so hard? We had church and while the rest of my family went to eat at a pizza buffet I started shopping...and I shopped until almost six. Ugh. I found some GREAT deals, but that is beside the point. Because I make so few trips to town I try to cram it all in. Because D and the boys were going to play basketball, I really tried to cram it all in, reasoning that we wouldn't be together anyway...Right? But then I think back to a recent "7th Heaven" episode that I watched. Lucy, the middle daughter, gave a sermon on how we have lost the meaning of Sunday. God worked and worked and worked, and on the seventh day, He rested. If He needed rest, how much more do I need it? So, I need to get back to remembering the purpose and meaning of the day of rest...And sticking to it!
On the other hand, I did find some great deals today, most of the clothes and other treasures I picked up were 90% off. At least 75% off. At Kohl's I picked up 7 blouses or shirts for $17. I got my baby bro some new khakis and a shirt and called it an early birthday present (Old Navy), picked up some birthday gifts and other clothes there as well. I was walking by Claire's and just decided to stop in. I'm so glad that I did! They had a 10 for $10 special and the items I picked up retailed at $16.50 each...So I spent $10 for $160 retail value. Gift sets for little girls with a purse and lip gloss, HSM and Hannah Montana art sets and hats. I ended up with 7 gifts for $10! At Bath and Body I used a coupon and got two bottles of shower gel for $3 total. Yep, there were plenty of bargains to be found...by me! I ran into my friend LS and we laughed, she knew if there was a bargain to be found I would be close by! And I was!
1 comment:
What was even funnier is that I was thinking about you when we found those deals at JC Penney's. Well, anytime I see a good deal I think, "hmmm---wonder if Heather's been here yet?".
I want to hit up Circuit City next weekend and look for a new scanner. Did you know they are going out of business and the liquidator's are already there? A friend from church bought a ton of DVDs at 50% off last night.
Post a Comment