Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"12 Days Of Christmas" Countdown, 1 Day


Christmas Eve. All week we kept close to home, rested and didn't have much stress. I decided we should meet D for lunch and then run a few errands. WHAT was I thinking. One does not "run errands" on Christmas Eve. One sits in traffic, sweats buckets trying to find a parking spot, watches in disbelief as other customers chew out customer service workers. One gets a backache and headache and wonders WHY she didn't make sure she had all the ingredients to the dishes she was making at home, long before the frenzy of Christmas Eve. Ugh.
We stopped by my dad's for awhile to regroup, then went to some a family's house for dessert before the candlelight service. I wanted to take the boys to the church where I grew up and I thought they would enjoy lighting and holding their own candles. They also wanted to sit in the balcony so they could see all the lights below. My photo does not do it justice, but the boys were thrilled. Then, home to hang the stockings and get tucked in...Whew...I can't imagine how people shop, wrap and cook all in one day. I would fall apart.

No comments: