Saturday, December 20, 2008

"12 Days Of Christmas" Countdown, 6 Days

(Post for Friday, December 19)

We went to Bethlehem on the way to Food Lion. Really. We were driving down the road and passed a church and slammed our breaks on. They were doing a live nativity outside, with shepherds, angels, wise men, soldiers, tax collectors, merchants, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and plenty of critters. The final scene had a little girl hanging from the rafters, dressed as an angel. That creeped me out a bit. She was supposed to be "flying" but when we first came around the corner, it looked pretty disturbing. The church was also serving refreshments inside, so my boys had their fill of green icing!

The rest of our day was routine. We finished up school and then my dad took us to lunch at a local restaurant. I crashed on the couch the rest of the afternoon. We are so excited and ready for our special company, the M family!

1 comment:

mama j said...

YAY! I didn't realize they were coming!!!

Thanks for the "Live Nativity" reminder....we have NOTHING "on" for the weekend--think I'll try to hit one of the two shows, at a church here, b/t tonight and tomorrow night.

Green icing=blueish poo--warn your boys, so they don't think they're dying, from the inside out (no pun intended....dye dying die....)

luv ya.

PS: I am APPALLED (sp?) that you didn't write y'day. (j/k) It's not like you had a full house or anything!! LOL!