In 2008, I learned to let go and lean on Him more. I said "No" to things that drained me and sucked the life from me and "Yes" to those things that mattered most. I played more and worked less. I took back my time with my boys and chose to spend the best part of every day with them. I'm so glad I did! I learned to play new games with them and listened as they explained their endless Lego creations. I walked almost 600 miles using aerobics and weights, more exercise than the prior 33 years combined. I shed some unwanted pounds and inches, still more to go. I snuggled little boys on the couch and listened to them read to me. I watched "7th Heaven" reruns with my firstborn and marveled at how grown up he's become. My faith grew as I saw God provide for our family while the economy spiraled downward. Even with thousands less earned this year, we still have all that we need and so much more.
This year, I dug my heals in and declared "This home will be set apart for His work. I will hold on to Him and to the ones He's entrusted to me." He is faithful, He is good. He has not failed us and He will walk with us into the unknowns of a new year. There will be ups and downs, that's what makes life. But we will be stronger and more like Him if we follow His ways. If we abide in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment