
Today was a hard day in many ways. Several in the house are not feeling well, the emotional ups and downs of life hit hard and it's always a challenge to get rolling after a four day holiday. However, this evening was very pleasant. Ahh. I could get used to this. The Christmas tree lit up the room while Michael Buble and Chris Botti serenaded us. The twins, wearing striped PJs danced and goofed through several runs of "Let It Snow." I really want to get them some dance instruction, I think they have true potential. They do some great "robot" and "slow motion" moves that crack me up. Both C and J are writing songs. Amazingly, the words they are coming up with are a bit deep for boys who are not yet eight. They are being too bashful to sing the tunes. I keep begging them to do a special with me for Christmas, but I don't know if they will overcome the shyness. I was singing on stage with my Daddy by age eight, so I hope they will join me soon. They danced and pranced while we just watched in wonder. We did a bit of spelling homework, then I asked them to read some of our Christmas books. They picked a family favorite "The Legend Of the Candy Cane." I love that story and how it brings the full gospel message into one sweet book. Now D is reading Narnia to them and the lights will go out. I love nights like this and I hope that December will be full of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment