It's hard to believe that my firstborn is almost 10 1/2 years old. His feet are almost as big as mine, he's up to my shoulders and he eats more than I do at mealtime. B is a witty, energetic, creative and compassionate young man. He loves to build with his Legos, listen to Toby Mac and pounds rhythm during any and every song he hears. Most of his schoolwork come easily for him, but he especially enjoys Science. I tell him that if he had been my Science teacher, I would have enjoyed it and learned so much! His favorite cartoon/video character is Sonic and that also has convinced him that his favorite animal is a hedgehog or an echidna. We hope to travel to Australia one day, so he can see an echidna and so I can go to Hillsong. B enjoys being with his good friend M, but he also glows when he is caring for his younger brothers or another small child. He is able to sit and play with a two year old or hold a conversation with a 70 year old. I love this boy so much and I want God's best for him.
Eight years ago to the day, we started moving to my dad's house. We were waiting for the twins' arrival and I ended up spending New Years in the hospital with preterm labor. We wanted to hold off a few more weeks. While I was in the hospital, D and my dad moved all our belongings and prepared for the birth of "two babies." Already, in my belly I knew that C was a feisty and strong little person. He was "Baby A," thus my "middle child." I'm not sure that birth order works with twins. Lately he has been my snuggle buddy, finding time each day to come sit with me on the couch and cuddle. He is a child of extreme passion, his highs are sky high, his lows are just as intense. He enjoys music, Legos, playing Wii and being with people of all ages. In school, his favorite subject is writing. His penmanship is beautiful. I love Carson and the energy and spunk that he brings to my life.
What can I say about "my Bug?" This little man is so precious to me. He is also a child of extremes, full of wonder and compassion and then calculating and plotting revenge for someone who has slighted him. (He will place an empty bucket high in the shower, planning for it to fill up, cool off and fall on the next unsuspecting person. Brr.) I was explaining to the boys that this was a good year for them and they received many nice gifts. "But what if next year we cannot do this? What would you do?" J's reply? "It would be OK, Mom, because we already have so many things." Sweet. J loves anything that has to do with math or patterns. He sees things that other people do not see. He would spend 12 hours of the day building his Lego creations if I let him. In school, he gravitates toward Math and Art and the stories he writes are creative and always include dialogue. He loves to draw and color, perhaps this family of writers finally has an illustrator? Only time will tell. I love J with all my heart and know he will change the world.

These three little guys have been waiting anxiously for Christmas to arrive. For me, the best gifts I've ever received are right here in this photo. I love them so much!
Each boy was given a new "Wii" game. The "Wii" was the twins' birthday/Christmas money purchase last year. It's fun to get some fresh new games to play.
The big hit this year..."Mars Mission Lego" sets. The boys are thrilled to have some new sets to build. I am wondering...WHERE will we put more Legos? They have a way of taking over a room in a hurry! They each opened a box full of books, too. We use the "Three Gift" rule in our house. "Baby Jesus was given three gifts, why should we get more?" Of course, we stretch it a bit, as they get a Christmas Eve gift and stockings too! And many other gifts from the grands and aunts and uncles.
No comments:
Post a Comment