Sunday, November 2, 2008

Friends For Brunch, Football and Wii

J and J at their wedding in June, 2008.
C and H at the wedding in June, 2008.

We've had plenty of opportunities to have friends over the past few weeks. Today we hosted two young couples from our church for Sunday brunch. It was a relaxing, laid back day. I hope they don't mind that I laid on the couch most of the afternoon! The guys played Wii and watched football.
J and J are newlyweds. I have known J for many years. We both attended another church in the area. She is a special friend and I have enjoyed getting to know her better since we both began to attend FWC. Her husband, J is on the worship team so we've had more chances to get to know him in that realm. C and H also joined us. I've known C since he and his brothers were the ages of my boys. They grew up in a house just like ours--mom, dad, big brother and twin younger brothers. It's fun to see these guys, all grown up and serving Jesus. I told D today "This is what our house will look like one day. Three young men and the gals they will be dating." That time is not so far off.

No comments: