Sunday, November 16, 2008

God's Presence, Happy Meals and Good Friends

My title sums up the day. I began this morning with worship practice, while D and the boys prepped for children's church. Today was one of those times I knew that God would show up, in a real and powerful way. As we sang the words to some of my favorite songs, I could see that He was connecting with hearts. "Friend of God," "King Of Majesty," "You Are God Alone," "Always," and "God Of This City" all hit the mark. We declared the truth of who He is in our lives, in this valley, in our nation, around the world. Times like these are precious and I do not take them for granted. I prayed for our congregation as we head into the holiday season, asking God to use us to light the darkness. So many are hurting, all around us. These are desparate days, but God is still on the throne, He loves every lost soul and He wants to use us to share His love. I felt His power as we sang "Greater things are yet to come, and greater things are still to be done in this city..." Amen to that.

After church, we went down the block to good old McD's. I realized they had the new Madagascar toys, and I wanted to be sure we had one of each character. Oh my. What a confusing mess I made. Rather than pay $2 for just the toy, I decided I'd get another Happy Meal for $2.35. Right? It took about ten minutes for the cashier to figure that one out, while the line grew behind us. Sorry. I didn't mean to be such a pain.

We came home and rested all afternoon. Wow. Now, that is how a Sunday should be spent. I was able to call a few friends and catch up on their lives. The boys watched football, now we are working on homework and getting ready for EMHE. Blessed Sunday all!

No comments: