Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Not Smarter Than This Fifth Grader

B studying for a seven page History exam. Ok, so did we take exams in fifth grade? I don't think we did. Oh my, oh my! If anyone can handle the challenge, B can. He is so smart. I often look at him and think "That's MY child?" He stores facts, numbers, data, information inside his head and can pull it out when he needs it most. I think he will be a teacher one day!
Dad and Mom agreed to let B take the test orally. The kid knows his stuff, why drag out the process? He wasn't feeling well, so we had mercy...I think he has had ENOUGH, don't you?

Today was a bit odd for us. The post election blues, perhaps? I think we've caught a bit of a stomach bug, there are many things being passed around again. We had our Bible lesson and halfway through the next subject, we all felt so blah. I actually fell asleep while the twins were doing their Phonics. So, I sent everyone back to bed and we all took a 90 minute nap. Around 11, we tried to tackle a few subjects. We ate lunch, finished up and I sent the boys outside while I did a three mile workout. Now, it's 7 and we're all feeling "blah" again...Wonder what tomorrow will hold.

1 comment:

mama j said...

Tomorrow will hold, today! One of the best days of MY life....hope it's a good one for you, too.

That's a BIG exam. WOW!

Gotta go get my special boy up, to take a shower, so he looks good (and not dirty/greasy) for any photos opps, today.

Did I call you back? I don't think I did, now that I think about it.....Mac had a HUGE meltdown on our way home and then I carried two sleeping boys inside and then wrapped c'mas and b-day presents for an hour--don't think I called you-sorry! Oops!