Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Daily Schedule (Monday-Friday)

7:30--Boys wake up and watch "Martha Speaks" while eating breakfast

8:15--Bible with all three, using the second grade materials. The teacher is awesome and the things she shares can be applied in all of our lives. The boys can now recite Genesis 1:1-5 and John 14:1-6 (KJV, too!)

8:45--B goes into his home school room and focuses on Math, Reading, Language and Spelling
8:45--Twins (and Mom) focus on Phonics, Language, Reading (I try to mix things up a bit, sometimes one will do seat work while I read with the other, then we switch. Other times, they take turns reading together)

10-10:30--Recess/Snack. Again, I try to make sure they have plenty of variety to get their blood pumping and give their weary little brains a break. We take walks outside or do laps around the house. When the weather is rainy or cool, we pop in one of my workout videos or play "Hyper Dash," "Mother May I" or "Simon Says."

10:30-12:15--B finishes up Language or Spelling, then begins with History or Science
10:30-12:15--Twins tackle Math and Spelling

12:15-1--Lunch and "Sid the Science Kid"

1:00--B returns to finish up whatever he has left. I grade and check his assignments, sometimes I listen in on the History and Science lessons. The information given is fascinating, if I had been taught this way maybe I would have learned more!
1:00--Twins retreat to their room to play with Legos

2:00-5:00--Most days we just have "down time." If it's nice, I'll shoo them outside for a few hours. If not, they may stay upstairs with their Legos or take on an art project. Thursdays are "town days" and I try to rotate them, every other week we go to the children's museum. The opposite week, I run errands.

No comments: