Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Angel Wears Overalls

My boys were happy with one of the bargains I found. They played with this set for almost four hours! All that fun for $5!
These sweet babies are awaiting adoptions. I think the M family and the other M family will be taking them in.

Some of my stash! Most of this has already been claimed, a few things will go into my overflowing "gift closet."
I needed to "run into" Walmart today for some groceries and odds and ends. I was trying very hard to pick out an item for one more little girl so I could be finished with my Grandma's shopping. I grabbed what I thought might be acceptable, them went over to the groceries to pick up what I needed. I was in the cookie aisle and noticed a very tall man in denim overalls pushing a shopping cart full of dolls. I asked him what the price was, as I remembered seeing them in the Black Friday ad. "$2.50" was his reply. "WHERE??" I asked, already turning my cart around to make the sprint. "The front of the store, but hurry, there weren't many left." And I was off. Not only did I find the dolls, but Hot Wheel sets, Hannah Montana loot and tons of art sets. I piled my cart high, then called D to come into the store and bring me a second shopping cart. Mind you, we had NO ROOM in our vehicle, but I wasn't worried about that. Where there's a will, there's a way...I paid $65 for over $500 worth of toys.

At the checkout I watched carefully to be certain the prices came up as marked. They did. The cashier found out that I was shopping for others and she said, "You are an angel. Not too many people would do that for others, you know." She looked at D who was a bit put out at the point and said "You're married to an angel." He actually got tears in his eyes and I had to look away before mine spilled over...She also stated that she wanted one of the Hannah Montana guitars for her niece. I offered to bring one to her register for her, but she said she wasn't allowed to do that and that she didn't even have money with her. As we rolled away, I said "Wait!" I pulled out one of the guitars and walked back to her register. "Will they believe you if you say it's paid for? If so, it's yours." "They'll believe me...Are you SERIOUS?" I just smiled and walked away. I love to be in the right place at the right time. My angel was wearing bib overalls, and pointed me to the stash. I was able to then return the favor and make the day brighter for someone else. We can all be an angel to someone. What does your angel look like?

1 comment:

mama j said...

I'm jealous!!!!

As for my angel, I'll let you know, by the end of the day. I'll be looking for all signs, that God has His hand, upon me, today...that's for sure! ;o) (I know he does, but this is the week, I NEED the signs!)