We still don't know if we are heading south tomorrow. N's baby is doing better, now one of mine isn't doing so well. This trip is still up in the air. I am "half packed." I can't bring myself to pack any more tonight, with the strong possibility that I will just unpack in the morning.
Today was a wild ride. We had classes until lunch, then headed to town. The boys joined me at Costco and enjoyed the samples. D met us after that and we did the old "switch-a-roo" with the vehicles and kids. He took them to the children's museum and worked from there while I ran to Target, TJ Maxx, Goodwill, Walmart and Michael's. I met a friend for coffee (hot chocolate for me, thank you! I don't drink coffee) and that was the first time I sat all day. Whew.
At 5:30 I met D and the boys for our Thursday night class. Going into it, I was so exhausted and the kids were a bit harried, I wasn't sure if we would stay. Moments after class began, I realized that I was exactly where I needed to be and felt blessed by our time tonight. Christ Quest Institute has brought so many good things into our lives in the past three years. We are about to "graduate" but plan to start over in January as "Senior Freshmen." This ministry is all about becoming more like Jesus, so that our homes look different from the world around us. "All we want to do is change the way you act, think and talk." That's it. So that we act, think and talk like Jesus. Big orders. It takes time to make those kinds of changes, so we'll be with the program as long as it takes. Our prayer is that one day we can sit in the seat as leaders, sharing how Jesus changed our home from the inside out. I have always had a hope that the hard things we've walked through would one day be turned into something for His glory. Only He can trade our ashes for His beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment