I was so restless last night, like a child on Christmas Eve. I was planning my route for Black Friday specials, even though I swore I would not try to tackle that ever again. There's a difference between doing it out of sheer panic and necessity and doing it for fun. I was choosing the latter. I woke up at 4 a.m. of my own free will, turned off the alarm clock set for 5 a.m, jumped in the shower and threw on comfy clothes and shoes (a MUST for this type of shopping) and headed out. I was grateful to realize it wasn't even that cold out. My first stop was the Walmart across town. I thought it would be less hectic. I found a parking place and a shopping cart without any trouble. So far so good. I arrived at 4:45, so the palettes and racks were still covered. I stood by the rack with ladies' jackets for $8 and waited. I picked out two for myself and grabbed more for my boys and nephew. Wind suits for $4 for my nieces, various toys for $10 (Play dough, RC dirt bike, Pixos, baby dolls), DVDs for $2 each and small appliances for $4 each. I was out of the store by 5:30, heading to my dad's to drop off the first load. I grabbed a bite to eat (another MUST for Black Friday shopping, no need to have a blood sugar crash in the middle of a crowded store) and then set out for Target. I had a friend on the phone who was sitting at Game Stop, waiting for them to open so she could grab a Wii. Target had a whole palette of them at the customer service desk, so I told her to come by and I'd wait for her. Otherwise, I didn't find anything at Target worth standing in line for. On to Kohls. I bought my kids a $70 dog bed for $17. Why? It's as comfy as a bean bag and way cheaper! And it looks OK in the living room, unlike a vinyl beanbag! I grabbed fleece throws that were marked 75% off and a few games and my adventure was officially over!
At home I unloaded and sorted. I made myself do the three mile workout and then went to have lunch with some dear friends. After that, I prepped for a Creative Memories show and went to be with some more great ladies. Whew...I think that's enough for one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment